Skip to content
The Intermountain Electrical Association has established the IEA Education Fund Scholarship Program to reward the academic excellence of sons and daughters, as well as the financial need of its members and their employees.
Please read through each tab before submitting your application
Administration of the Program
All phases of the scholarship competition, including selection of winners and determination of the amount of the scholarship awards, are managed by the eight member IEA Scholarship Selection Committee. This committee is appointed by the IEA Board of Directors. All decisions made by the committee are final concerning the selection process.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Be dependents of IEA members or their employees, who are in good standing as of March 1 of the current year.
- Attend or plan to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical school.
The Application Procedure
- Be certain they meet the qualifications described in this policy.
- Fill out application online
- a. Complete and sign the application.
- b. Secure a current and official transcript
- c. Give the application to a school official for completion of the applicant appraisal and transcript information
Obtain three (3) letters of recommendations from non-relatives.
- a. Apply online with an official transcript and three letters.
- b. Submit all application materials online:
The Selection Process
IEA Selection Committee has total responsibility for selecting the award winners on the basis of student’s academic record, participation in school and community activities, work experience, financial need, and an applicant appraisal.
This Committee receives the applications, makes the selection of award recipients, and determines the amount of the awards.
Announcement and Distribution of Awards
The date that all applicants will be notified regarding their recipient or non-recipient status is currently to be announced.
The Scholarship fund will be distributed from the IEA office. Students will be required to furnish tuition vouchers, receipts or canceled check for tuition to redeem award, as is the case for reimbursement for book and lab fee expenses.
Responsibilities of the Applicant
Applicants to the IEA Scholarship Fund Program should remember that it is their responsibility to fulfill these requirements:
- Gather and submit the information necessary for the Committee to select the IEA Scholarship Fund Program recipients as described.
- Apply for admission to colleges, universities, or other post-high school education programs.
- Meet the entrance requirements of the institution they have chosen.
- Gain admission to the institution of their choice.
No obligation of any kind will be imposed upon award winners by IEA. Further, IEA assumes no obligation in connection with the granting of awards. However, IEA reserves the right to alter or discontinue the IEA Scholarship Fund Program at any time.
- Award Recipients will be asked to notify IEA of their acceptance of the award.
- The student is solely responsible for returning the completed application and a current and official transcript to IEA postmarked before the specified due date.
For Application Information
Scroll down to fill out the scholarship application online
SUBMIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Apply for the IEA Scholarship by choosing to apply either online or by mail.
1) Be certain you meet the qualifications described in the conditions of eligibility?
2) Secure a current & official transcript?
3) Obtain three (3) letters of recommendations from non-relatives.?
4) Complete Online Application
Application must be submitted no later than May 15th. If you have obtained items 1 & 2, click the link below to begin the online application.
The nomination period for the 35th Annual IEA Awards is currently closed. Nominations open up toward the end of each year around mid-December. Please check back then to nominate for the next award season. Thank you.
Voting period will be open on January 21st. Please come back with your active IEA Member login.